Saturday, August 14, 2010

Lilac Wine

Okay, Jeff Buckley is awesome. Two of my friends (who shall remain nameless) disagree with this statement. But, they're wrong. If you want proof, just listen to the song Hallelujah as performed by Jeff Buckley. If you still aren't convinced, listen to Lilac Wine and  Lover, You Should Have Come Over. The end.

The end of that paragraph. Not of my post.

Those of you who consistently read my blog might remember me posting yesterday about how I wish I had too much time on my hands. I take that back. Ironically, today I had nothing to do for a long period of time. It stunk. I had no schoolwork to work on, nothing to read, and nothing to watch on television. I tried twiddling my thumbs. It was boring. It was also surprisingly difficult to keep up.

Sometimes, I don't even hear people talking. I think it has to do with the fact that I am awful at multitasking. If I am involved with something, it is hard to focus on anything else. So, if you ever speak to me whilst I read, write, watch something, or appear to be thinking about something I probably won't hear you.

It's funny the look on people's faces when they are deep in thought. I'm sure it happens to me, but I love seeing it happen to others. Some people look as if they are reliving some horrible tragedy. Others look completely pensive as if they were hoping to learn the secrets of the universe as Buddha is said to have done. And still other look completely ridiculous. I swear I saw someone drooling once. The funny thing is that the person who looks as if they are reliving a terrible experience could be thinking of something hilarious, the person who seems to be in a contemplative state could just be an idiot thinking of nothing, and the person who looks foolish might be reviewing some concept that a lesser mind might find difficult to understand. I guess it just goes to show that appearances don't really mean anything.

That's all folks,
Simon

1 comment:

  1. Kudos on your use of the word "whilst." Nicely played.

    ReplyDelete