Monday, August 30, 2010

Now How Did That Happen?

I found myself in a strange situation today. It wasn't a bad situation nor was it a situation I didn't want to be in, it was simply strange. It was one of those times when you say, "How on earth did this happen?" because the path to that situation was extremely convoluted. I engaged in a theological and philosophical discussion with a friend of mine. This, in and of itself, wasn't strange, the strange thing was that we moved from deciding what one-act plays we were going to direct, to discussing our love lives, to discussing religion and politics. I heartily enjoyed each segment of this long conversation, however it was certainly a weird conversation.

I think that there are certain moments of my life that, if seen by others, would be subject to a great deal of mockery. Take today for example, I had scarcely lain down in bed when the thought that I have spoken about before struck me, "Oh crap, I have to write a blog post today!" I rushed out of bed and began searching for my laptop. I didn't see it in my room, my sister's room, or the living room. Just as I began freaking out, I looked in my room again. I found it. It was sitting less than a foot from my bed that I had leapt out of to search for it. Really?

I have a strange problem. I have too many cool things. This may sound like a pretty good problem to have, but trust me it is frustrating. I have so many awesome posters and things on my wall that I don't have room for any new ones. I feel like people no longer notice some of the coolest things hanging in my room simply because I have so many things hanging in my room. A friend of mine recently gave me two really cool things to hang in my room. I am really excited to find a place for them, but I am also disappointed that they won't get the prime real estate locations.

The Steven Paig album, which contains the song that is the inspiration for my blog's name, is coming out soon! Okay, by soon I mean in about three weeks, but anyone who has similar taste in music as me (which, in case you were wondering, is awesome music) should get it. I am really excited to see this artist let loose now that he is no longer tied down to a band. I think it will be amazing. I also think that the single shows exactly what BNL is missing out on now that Steven is gone.

I finished my post in five minutes. Now how did that happen?
Simon

1 comment:

  1. It is true that you have a lot of cool things... I'll help you re-do your room anytime. Just say The Word.

    ReplyDelete