Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Phantoms on the Face

About a month ago I switched from glasses to contacts. I thought that it would be difficult for me to, you know, stick my finger in my eye, but it wasn't. The only strange thing about having contacts in is that I constantly forget that I have contacts in. I often find myself reaching up to clean my glasses only to realize that they aren't there. This reminded me of something I'd heard about that happened to people who had lost limbs. These people would sometimes feel a pain in the arm that they no longer had. This certainly makes one rethink why and how we feel things. It's interesting.

Everyone is gone. It's really strange. I mean, I knew that everyone was leaving for college, but I didn't think that they would actually leave for college. I guess I just always figured that they would still be hanging around even though they had no reason to and that it would make things uncomfortable for others if they did. It just kind of stinks.

I miss having a good book to read. I mean, I don't think that I have any time to read one, but I wish that I could. I feel like I'm happiest when I have a book, or preferably a book series to read.

Feelin' tired,
Simon

2 comments:

  1. Words cannot even express how jealous I am of your title making skills
    I have a similar experience to your glasses thing though. If you haven't noticed already, I am always running my fingers through my hair and brushing my bangs to the side. but if my bangs are clipped up or my hair is pulled back, i still reach up like my hair is in my face and try to brush it back, only to find that it isn't hanging down. Its really weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU NEED TO READ THE HUNGER GAMES.
    I am bringing the whole series with me when I come home in a couple weeks, and YOU ARE GOING TO READ TEHM.

    ReplyDelete